Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thrift Find Thursday!!!

This week's thrift store find is pretty amazing. I have ALWAYS wanted a set of china. It is pretty hard to find a nice full set at a thrift store, and, it costs a small fortune to purchase a set from a department store.

I decided to stop into a few thrift stores while I was out today. I didn't find much at the first store. I went into the second store and as soon as I walked in I saw a full set of china. I expected the price tag to be ridiculously expensive, at least for my small budget. When I walked by and saw the words '47 piece set $30.00' I couldn't contain my excitement. I managed to walk around the store and fought with myself over whether I REALLY needed a set of china. I guess I really did need the set of china because five minutes later it was paid for.

Once I got home I decided to inspect the china. I completely expected chips and missing pieces. As it turns out there was a pretty big chip on one serving bowl and one salad plate was missing. If I really want to I can replace the plate for $10, but I doubt I will ever use all SIX place settings. I seriously don't even know what some of the bowls are for?!

Anyway, I am sooooooooo excited to use my china and so glad I decided to stop into the thrift store this afternoon!



3 comments:

Crystallynn said...

Nice! I have never seen a full set at the thrift store.

Princess Mandy said...

I love this!!!!! I want to come shopping up there.

Meg said...

For sure! It's actually a pretty perfect place for me! There are lots of old people who keep everything and take really good care of it, the thrift stores get it and price it pretty reasonably! I would have expected this set to go for more than $30! I NEED to have a dinner party now!