Monday, January 18, 2010

Beauty Tip Monday!

I never really thought about how disgusting dirty makeup brushes are. I think I have cleaned my brushes once in the last six months. I never thought about the oils and bacteria that were building up on those brushes, or that both of those things could lead to breakouts. Well, guess what...I started breaking out! I thought it was my facial cleanser or moisturizer. I finally realized that I started breaking out when I began using my powder brush to apply my pressed powder instead of the sponge it comes with. I needed a quick fix and didn't feel like going to the store...so I searched 'make your own brush cleaner' on you tube. I found a perfect recipe immediately and went to work making it. Then I spent my Saturday evening cleaning my makeup brushes and sanitizing my makeup. If you would like to make your own brush cleaner check out this video!!!



It's also a good idea to sanitize your makeup...I &hearts this girl's makeup tutorials and am glad she posted a makeup sanitization tutorial. :)

0 comments: