Thursday, January 14, 2010

Grandparents...

My husband went out of town last night. I decided to pack myself and my daughter up and stay at my Grandma and Grandpa's house. These are some of the pictures I took while we were there. :)



My Grandma gave me a refresher sewing lesson, I STILL can't sew a straight line...




My grandparents used to own and fill gum ball machines. They sold their company to my dad when I was younger. I have loved this gumball machine since I was a kid. :)



My grandparents keep EVERYTHING, and apparently their parents did too. I am glad they kept everything because I get the chance to peek into the past because of them. These blocks were my Grandpa's when he was little. He thinks some of them may have even been his mother's when she was a child, if they were that would make some of these blocks 100 years old!

I always feel like life is simpler when I am at my grandparents. I am so glad I have so many grandparents left to share their experiences and memories, I feel so lucky to have them around. :)

0 comments: