Monday, January 11, 2010

Beauty Tip Monday!


Okay girls, last week's beauty tip was a pretty obvious one. Today, I'm going to let you in on my secret (secret until now that is) bedtime ritual. Think of this as your beauty sleep kit.

The first step is really the most important. You NEED to wash your face before you go to bed! You can wash with good old soap and water, or do it the easy way! I choose the easy way and use Pond's cleansing wipes. These wipes remove makeup so easily, I swear by them!

Next, I apply an under eye cream. Always use your ring finger to apply anything under your eyes, and swoop from the inside corner of your eye to the outside corner.

Now that you have a clean face, and have mosturized under your eyes, you will need to put mosturizer on the rest of your face. I apply my mosturizer from my forehead all the way to my chest. I use a different mosturizer at bedtime than I do in the morning, but it doesn't REALLY matter as long as you mosturize. :)

If you live in a warm climate you can probably skip this step. In the winter chapped lips are pretty common for me, I ALWAYS put on some lip balm before I go to sleep. I feel like this helps keep my lips nice and soft, and I don't have to worry about them chapping and cracking.

Lastly, I ALWAYS put lotion on my hands before I go to bed. If you have the extra time, it is a good idea to put lotion on everywhere. I am one of those people who waits until I can't keep my eyes open to go to sleep, so, I never feel like mosturizing my entire body.

Now you can make yourself a 'beauty sleep' kit, put it on your night stand, and start doing these 5 simple steps every night. This routine takes less than five minutes and it really does help prevent wrinkles!

0 comments: