Monday, September 8, 2014

Side table redo!

Some people bring home stray animals. I bring home abandoned furniture from the thrift store. There is something therapeutic about turning something ugly into something beautiful. This piece was a doozy...I actually haven't been brave enough to bring home something this ugly before. I actually paid $5 for this, but I consider it a worthwhile donation to my local SPCA. Here it is in a sad state of BEFORE...
This thing was dirty. I had to clean it five times before all the grime disappeared. Thankfully it didn't have any funky smells, it was just filthy. The sticker residue came off easily with a little bit of Goof Off spray. After it was clean I waited 24 hours for it to dry. Because this project was small I decided to rattle can it. I always use Rustoleum 2X coverage painter's choice. For this project I used Gloss White. Because this piece was already a light color I achieved ideal coverage with two coats. I decided to paint the inside drawer a bright cheery blue for a little pop of color. A few hours and about $10 later, you would never believe it was so ugly before!

0 comments: