Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Vintage Pyrex Kitchen Decor!

My obsession with Pyrex started with three avocado green bowls passed down to me when I moved to my own apartment. I started buying random pieces from thrift stores and flea markets and now I have a whole cupboard stuffed full of pieces. I even use one of my favorite pieces as a fruit bowl!
I saw this print in a magazine and knew it had to be in my kitchen. I knew it would be just the right size for above my dinette set.
This fork and knife set had been lying around my house for a few years. I picked the set up for $2 at a thrift store. I hated the gold color but knew they had potential. I decided they would look best painted white, and since I had leftover white paint I didn't have to go buy any supplies.
Luckily, I had a 16x20 frame tucked away in the garage. I only paid $5 for the frame, but it was pretty ugly! Wish I had remembered to take a before picture! Once I painted the frame white it looked modern, but still had the vintage vibe I love. I would have easily spent $30-$40 purchasing a similar frame at a big box store. I was originally going to purchase a white mat for the print, but because I'm impatient I used what I had on hand. I ended up loving the black mat with red accent stripe on the black print. Here's a peek at the results!

0 comments: