Monday, September 8, 2014

Dining room chair redo!

While looking for a new dining room set I stumbled upon a near mint MCM dining set for $100. I had to convince my Mom and Stepdad to drive me to Middle of Nowhere, North Dakota with their truck. Turns out that was a six hour roundtrip. The last half of the trip was pretty tense because I was terrified the chairs were going to fly out of the pickup bed. We didn't bring near enough tie down materials. Lesson learned=ALWAYS bring extra tie downs. I knew I didn't want to touch the bones of the piece but I definitely wanted to update the chairs in some way. The upholstery was not original so I didn't feel guilty changing it up. I had never tackled upholstery before, but my husband decided he was up for the challenge! It turns out upholstering chair seats is incredibly easy, ANYONE can do it! All you will need is a screwdriver to remove the seats a few yards of fabric, a good pair of scissors and a staple gun. We began by removing the seats, set them down on the fabric and then started cutting. We followed up by pulling the fabric taut and started stapling. Our results were surprisingly successful considering how non technical our technique was! It really is THAT easy.

0 comments: